|Главная » Каталог сайтов » Наука и образование|
A set of virtual, interactive bacteriology labs have been developed to allow the student to learn a variety tests that are done in a diagnostic microbiology laboratory to identify bacterial pathogens from patient samples. Each module demonstrates a different laboratory test, and the student is able to carry out and interpret the results of each test with controls and unknowns. Instructions are provided within each on-line module.
Each module can be accessed from the links to the left, and the module will open in a new window.
1. To learn to prepare and interpret a gram stain.
2. To learn to streak an agar plate to isolate bacteria, generating a pure culture.
3. To become familiar with differential and selective media for cultivation of pathogenic bacteria.
4. To learn to perform and interpret basic biochemical tests on bacterial samples.
5. To learn to interpret standard antimicrobial susceptibility tests.
6. To become familiar with procedures to handle different types of biological specimens and to isolate and identify bacterial pathogens in those specimens.
If you have any questions or feedback about this site - please contact:
Dr. Cindy Grove Arvidson, Ph.D.
|Всего комментариев: 0|
Онлайн всего: 1
Посетители за сегодня: